Theme: Nursing & Beyond
This event offers
4.75 contact hours
CE accredited by Northeast Multi-State Division.
New Hampshire Nurses Association (NHNA) is doing something new! This year the Annual Business Meeting will be combined with a day-long Nursing Conference. The date of the event will be Wednesday, November 14, 2018, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The event will be held in the recently refurbished Dion Center at Rivier University.
The Nursing Conference will feature five topic presentations and a Leadership Panel Q & A session.
- Innovation in Nursing presented by Wendy Wright, Partner in Healthcare Education, LLC
- Practical Application of Evidence-Based Practice presented by Donna Proulx, Rivier University
Leadership Panel Q&A
- Martha Leighton, Chief Nursing Officer, Elliot Health Systems
- Paula Williams, Dean, Rivier University
- Mercedes Fleming, Manager of Nursing Systems & Support, CMC
- Natalie Gosselin, Quality Manager, Southern NH Medical Center
- Jennifer Thompson, Executive Director, NH Nurse Practitioner Assoc.
- Work-Life Balance presented by Sue Nordemo, Holistic Nurses Association
- Nursing Advocacy presented by NH Rep. Polly Campion and Carlene Ferrier, NHNA
- Resiliency presented by Amy Guthrie, St Anselm College
- Nurses on Boards and the NH Action Coalition presented by Carol Long and Sherrie Palmieri
Nurses attending this event will be eligible for up to 4.75 nursing contact hours.
The Annual Business Meeting will be held mid-day where members of the NHNA Board of Directors and Commission chairs will hold a question and answer session regarding NHNA's Annual Report. The Annual Report will be posted for review on NHNA new website on the Nursing Network platform no later than September 14, 2018. In addition, NHNA President, Carlene Ferrier, will introduce all newly elected members to the Board of Directors and to the various Commissions (elections will be conducted by electronic ballot between October 15 and November 5, 2018).
Three Nursing Awards will be presented by NHNA at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting portion of the day. The awards are as follows: